Friday, October 11, 2013

Love is spelled T-I-M-E

What a week!  The other day in my institute class, we were having a discussion about how to find time to read the scriptures.  I get it, it can be REALLY hard sometimes!  Life can be stressful and busy sometimes and we feel like we don't have a spare second let alone a spare half hour.  However, there is definitely somewhere in the 24 hours we are given every day to study the scriptures.  If someone made a goal to study the scriptures for a half of an hour everyday, that would only be a small part of the day, really 1/48th of the day! Not bad eh? When you think of it like that it doesn't seem too hard.  Heavenly Father   wants to teach us, and those teachings come through reading, and more importantly studying His words.

"When we want to speak to God, we pray.  
When we want God to speak to us, we study and ponder the scriptures"

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, in the October 2010 General Conference said, "In family relationships, love is really spelled t-i-m-e".  I have always loved this quote!  I know that I feel loved when someone takes time out of their busy day to spend time with me, serving me, or even simply listening to me.  Our Heavenly Father is no different.  We can show how much we love Him by giving our time to listen to Him.  He wants to communicate with us so badly, but He will wait until we ask, and search for answers.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I know that He loves all of His children.  I know that I can ask Him for help and guidance any time in my life anytime!


No comments:

Post a Comment