Sunday, May 18, 2014

Now it's real


OH MY GOODNESS.  These last few months have been completely filled with trial after trial and blessing after blessing.  I made my final decision in January to start my mission papers and find out where my Heavenly Father wants me to serve.  After four long months of filling in paperwork, going to doctors appointments, and going to school I FINALLY got my mission call!! 

Now to backtrack a few years... During my freshman year in high school, my family hosted a foreign exchange student from Norway.  She and I immediately became best friends and just like sisters.  I look up to her just as much as I do my other older sisters.  She stayed for her exchange year, then had to return (sadly) to Norway.  She since then has come back twice more to visit.  I just love this girl SO much!  The most recent time she was here, we asked her if we could invite the missionaries to come  talk to her and teach her.  She said that would be alright, but after the first lesson, she had to go back to Norway again.  I prayed for her, and hoped that someone in Norway would touch her in some way.  We have both teased back and forth about me getting called to Norway on my mission, but I knew that the odds of that were EXTREMELY slim! 






On April 23rd I received my mission call to, you guessed it, the Norway Oslo mission!!! I couldn't believe what I was reading!!! As you can imagine, those faithful water gates of mine opened up and I couldn't stop crying.  I KNOW that my Heavenly knows me and knows what I can do even more than I do.  I never imagined that the answer to my prayers would be me.  


I leave for the Provo MTC on September 3rd, meaning I get to wait another long four months!  In the meantime I guess I can read the Book of Mormon again, shop for some supplies, and maybe even learn a little Norwegian while I'm at it!


I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me an opportunity to share His gospel with the people of Norway.  The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me more joy than I could ever imagine! I love my Savior and I am so excited to represent Him and serve in His place for 18 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment