Sunday, September 22, 2013

Temple Day!!!

Hello!!!! It's been a while since I wrote anything because lately I have been going through quite the rough time... But don't we all???  These past few weeks have made me so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the comfort and peace that this gospel brings into my life.  I know that there isn't a single trial that I can't get through with the His help.  I know that He gives us trials to help us become better and stronger people.

I started my first semester at Weber State University about a month ago, and I had no idea how hard it would be.  I am a full time student taking 15 credits in Math, Psychology, Nutrition, Microbiology, and Medical Terminology.  So needless to say, homework has not been kind. On top of that, my two best friends are miles and miles away.  One in Logan Ut, and one on a mission in Piura, Peru.  Caught up in all of this stress, I asked my friend Katy if we could go to the temple soon.  I knew that if I needed to feel peace, that was the place to feel it.



We left Ogden on Thursday at about 3:00 p.m. with plans to go to the Bountiful Temple and perform a few baptisms and confirmations.  We got there, did the work, and we were out in about a half hour.  I love that temple and had an incredible experience there that day.  As I was getting confirmed for a lady in Hungary, I just felt this OVERWHELMING feeling of comfort, and I realized how truly lucky I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  As my friend and I got back in the car, we had a feeling that we weren't done quite yet.  For us, that was over WAY too quickly.  So we decided to keep going and drive down to the Salt Lake Temple and do a few more.  The Spirit in that building was so strong, and we both had another amazing experience there.  I could feel God's love that he has for each of His children and the joy that He feels when they comeback into His arms again.

We walked out of the temple with wet hair and make-up gone, and ran into two sister missionaries who asked if we had just done baptisms.  We said yes and continued to talk to them for about a half hour.   One of the sisters in particular, Sister Briggs had this amazing smile on her face while she was talking about the joy that comes when we do temple work.  She asked me if I was planning on going on a mission, and I said OF COURSE!!!  Then I asked her for advice on how to best prepare for a mission, and she told me something I'll never forget.  She told me that just by living every moment of my life the way Christ would have me live it, I would learn more and more about being a missionary everyday.  She told me that She and her companion remind themselves everyday that they are representing Christ in everything that they say and do.  She said that the best missionary work that I can do right now is temple work.

After a while of talking to these sisters, I was just about in tears.  I knew that there was a reason we needed to go to Salt Lake.  Talking to Sister Briggs was an answer to my prayers.  Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed that day, and I know that he answers prayers though others.  I know that My Father in Heaven loves me and truly cares about me.  I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and that through Him and His Atonement, we can live with our Heavenly Father once again.  I know that this Church is the true church upon the earth today.  It is the only place that I can find true peace on this earth. I'm proud to be a Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment