Monday, April 13, 2015

That was the fun part :)

Hei Hei Familie!! :)

This week was a little crazy! On Monday, we went to go to FHE and had NO IDEA that they had cancelled it for Easter, (even though Easter was the day before.... psh! Norway!) But unfortunately... we weren't smart enough to make back up plans... (insert bad missionary point here) But hey! we decided we would go back to the city center and contact a little.  So we got on a bus, tried to contact there and.... nothing... we were feeling pretty bad when we got off the bus, but talked to the first girl we sw when we got off.  She is from Germany, and she was on her way home from CHURCH! So when we stopped her and wanted to talk to her about Jesus Christ, she was all for it. We got her number and set an appointment for the next day.  When we met with her the next day, we gave her a German Book of Mormon and told her a little bit of background (what it's about, Joseph Smith, how we use it to support the Bible), then we asked her to commit to read it and pray about it. She sent us a text the next day saying that she had prayed about it but hadn't read it.  She felt like she had gotten an answer that only the Bible was from God.  Søster Horner and I were sitting there thinking, "How in the world can you know if you don't read it?" But she's open to continuing to meet, so we have another appointment set up for tomorrow. *fingers crossed and prayers said*

But back to Monday night... after we talked to the girl from Germany, we walked a little further and stopped a girl from the Phillipines.  She is AWESOME!we had a lesson there on the street and said a prayer with her as well.  We have yet to meet with her but I'll keep ya updated :)  Those two girls were the first of 4 new investigators we got this week!I'm pretty positive that is the most I've gotten in one week on my whole mission :) We have been so blessed here in Stavanger!

WE also had another baptism Sunday morning right before church. The Zone leaders had only taught this guy for about 6 weeks! He's so good and so humble! He makes the third baptism in Stavanger ward in the last two months. Do you want to know the secret? MEMBERS!! Having members come with us to teach, having members invite investigators to dinners, member sitting with investigators in church. It's ALL the members! All we do is teach the doctrine.  I'm so excited to be "just" a member again someday ;) Really though! It makes a HUGE difference!

Stavanger is warming up more and more (when it's not raining...) haha! The sun rises at about 6 now and goes down at about 10pm... so now we're getting to the downswing where the sun NEVER goes down.  (Much happier if you ask me) But then again, I can sleep when it's light.  Søster Horner and I have been humming the song "Spring, Spring, Spring" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers all week long.  Did I tell ya'll that? Søster Horner loves musicals (like the old ones) almost as much as I do! haha! She's the best! So we get to talk about Doris Day, and Howard Keel all the time :) (Just a random side note...)

Remus is doing great! We cracked down this week and asked him to be baptized again, and he said yes! Then we tried to set a date, and he told us that he made a promise to read the whole Book of Mormon before he joins the church.  So since he has had the lessons about three times each, we've decided to read the Book of Mormon with him every time that we meet with him :) He's so funny. At one point in the lesson, he was talking about how girls don't like being called fat.  He told us a story about when he called a girl fat the ended it with, "But she knew it. That was the fun part." haha! I guess it doesn't sound as funny now that I'm typing it out... but add in a Romanian accent + Remus's personality and it was pretty hilarious.  I don't think he knew it was an insult... haha!

We had a Zone Leader Training on Saturday, then afterwards got to FINALLY watch the General Women's Meeting.  One of the new converts, Brightess, had brought her friend, Joy, to watch, so when President Eyring told the story about Joy and how Joy always follows trials, she really liked it. :) President and Sister Evans stayed to church the next day and gave talks in Sacrament meeting. President talked about how their mission is ending in June and how he had served a part of his mission in the Stavanger Ward (then the Stavanger Branch).  It's so sad to see them coming to the end of their mission! They are so amazing!!

We've been meeting with our upstairs neighbor in the last little bit *(the one we met in the laundry room) and have taught her almost all of the lessons.  She moved back to the Philippines on Saturday :( The three of us had become REALLY good friends and it was so sad to see her go.  When we checked our mail Saturday night, she had put a sweet note in our mailbox telling us how much she appreciated two young girls who were so dedicated to God and Jesus Christ.  It was such a tender mercy! I'll be holding onto that note for a LONG time :)

OOH! One more thing! One of our new investigators' name is Alma! She is awesome! When we asked her what her name was, I got a surprised look and told her about the prophet Alma and that he was one of the Book of Mormon prophets.  That sparked her interest and now she wants to learn more.  She wasn't too interested until this point.  I'm pretty sure her parents were following inspiration when they named her that, because she probably wouldn't have been interested otherwise... haha! :) Fun to think about huh?

Welp! I'll sign off now family, but I love you all SOOO much! I want to hear all about Little Collins and how she is doing! I want to hear how Kayli and Steve are liking Eagle. I want to hear all about Heather's Choir Tour, and Hayden's drumline, and Sarah's... everything ;) I feel so greedy! But I just love you all and miss you all!

Jeg er såå glad i dette evangelium.  Jeg vet at på grunn av Jesus Kristus kan vi alle overvinne våre svakheter som vi alle har i dette livet.  Jeg vet at Mormons Bok er sann.  Jeg VET at Gud elsker alle sine barn! Jeg kan føle det hver gang jeg snakke med dem. Denne kirken virkelig er Jesu Kristi kirke.  Jeg er så UTROLIG takknemlig at jeg kan dele dette budskapet om glede med folket har i Norge. Jeg ELSKER Norge! Jeg Elsker min Himmelske Fader, og jeg ELSKER å være en misjonær!!!!! <3 

Google Translation: 
I am soo happy in this gospel. I know that because of Jesus Christ , we can all overcome our weaknesses that we all have in this life. I know that Mormonism is true. I KNOW that God loves all His children ! I can feel it every time I talk to them. This church really is the church of Jesus Christ . I am so grateful that I can share this AMAZING message of joy with people in Norway. I LOVE Norway ! I Love my Heavenly Father, and I LOVE being a missionary !!!!!

Elsker dere!
-Søster Heywood

pics-                                                          Cold, wet, and OH SO HAPPY!


                                       Our apartment, lovingly called "The Hobbitt Hole"


                                    Yes, we decorated Easter Eggs!


                                  My side of our study room/eating room

No comments:

Post a Comment