Monday, June 22, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! AND HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!‏

Hey! 
Sorry, I didn't get to write on our actual birthday or actual father's day.  But I Love you both SO much! and I thought about you lots!
This week was CRAZY trying to keep track of the investigators we found last week. So a lot of it was running all over the place from appointment to appointment... which is like the best feeling EVER! I LOVE being busy! But here's some highlights from this last week:
We taught one of our investigators about the word of wisdom, then went the next day with a garbage bag to throw out ALL her tea, coffee, and cigarettes.  Then she surprised us by even throwing away her ash trays! It was lots of fun! 
We had our last Zone Conference with President and Sister Evans.  They each gave their last testimonies to us and it was incredible!  They ave given so much to this country, and it will be hard for them to leave.  As far as me leaving someday, mom, we won't even think about that yet... :) 
We got a referral from a member this week to their deaf neighbor after I told them I knew sign language.  We went to this lady's house and I started signing with her on he doorstep.  She loved talking, but wasn't into the message too much BUT! She said I could come back whenever and practice my sign language, so that is AWESOME!!

We have transfers this week and I will be saying goodbye to Sister Smith.  She is a SPECTACULAR missionary, and she will be greatly missed by me and the members! She will be going to Kristiansand which is the southernmost point of Norway.  She's lucky to go here in the summer. Nice and warm! :)
For P-day today, we hiked up a river, and it was BEAUTIFUL!! It seriously felt like we were in the Amazon! haha! We went with two members and the rest of the district.  And there was a GORGEOUS lake at the top which reminded me so much of the UINTAHS!  we got there and I couldn't help saying, "who brought the fishing poles??"
We met with one of our investigators, Ricardo, and he is RIDICULOUSLY prepared! Everything he says is exactly in line with the gospel.  For example, we talked to him about baptism, and he said, "You know? I really don't think little kids should be baptized... at least until they're about 8 years old" I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped! He is SO COOL!
Some more random tidbits: 1. We saw a square roundabout this week.... Norway logic... 2. Norway has a RIDICULOUS amount of tunnels.  Everytime we are in a car, we go through a tunnel! 3.  Working graveyard shifts and sleeping during the day prepared me for my mission.  I have never seen Drammen in the dark... :)
I love you family! I know the church is true!!! Ha det!
-Søster Heywood


No comments:

Post a Comment