Monday, March 30, 2015

Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!...*(itty bitty living space)

Hei Family!!

So we went on a hike to Preikestolen today, so the email is gonna be a little bit shorter... and late... sorry! But it was super fun! It was just so foggy today, but hopefully we'll be going in the next couple weeks again when it's warmer.  But ya'll should google Preikestolen. It's gorgeous :)

This week has been a little all over the place.  We had Zone Conference on Thursday and for the first time, I didn't have to fly there! It was held at Stavanger! Phew! There are definitely perks to living in bigger cities.  The conference was focused a lot on how we can raise our vision, and have a better hope for the work.  It was incredible! President Evans is so inspired and a lot of my prayers and questions were answered.

After the conference, we met with Arve and he is doing so good.  We talked to him about the Plan of Salvation and he said it was different, but he really liked it.  Earlier in the lesson he had told us that he knew that God was there, but he wanted to be better at showing it.  He told us of different experiences that he had in his life that had strengthened his testimony, and how he had prayed before to find answers.  Arve is so cool!!

That reminds me, we did have moves call this week, and luckily, Søster Horner and I will be staying in Stavanger! I'm SO relieved!! I could not imagine leaving now! I love these people way too much! :)

Casper is a champion as usual, and translating for him on Sundays is getting better and better! I'm loving Norwegian sign language... I just need to figure out how I'm going to use it after the mission... or Norwegian for that matter... haha!! I'll just have to skype a lot with Casper that's all :)

We met with Silvia this week, and it went SO well!!!! She has been keeping the Word of Wisdom! Or at least trying her best, since we actually haven't even taught her that yet... I guess her son, the one that just got baptized, got after her one day for drinking wine, and told her that she needed to repent... haha! Go Frank! So she asked us to explain it a little more and to help her look through her tea to see which kind she could and couldn't drink.  She is INCREDIBLE!!! She has become one of my best friends out here. I just LOVE Silvia! :)

So random fact about Norway... Easter is a HUGE deal here... and I'm not sure why.... because they don't really place Christ as the reason for it all. :) But it is so important that all of the stores close for a week, the kids are out the whole week of school, and every one leaves to go skiing! haha!! :)

Well Family! I love you! Sorry today was short, but I gotta run!! I love you all SOOO much!!!

Love, Søster Heywood




No comments:

Post a Comment